As we get older, changes in our hormones encourage excess fat to be stored around our belly. Because of this, you’ll never lose weight without a good nutrition plan. It’s all about balancing your hormones by eating foods to maintain equilibrium then adding the right sort of exercises to boost this.
Pilates targets the muscles that pull in your stomach and lengthens tight muscles, which will instantly give you a longer, leaner look. Most Pilates exercises use your body weight for added resistance to increase the effectiveness of them.
Here are my six very simple tips and if you follow them at least 80% of the time you’ll see much quicker results.
6 Ways to Shrink your Belly:
- Drink more water. Water dispels bloating and cleans your liver so fat is easier to shift.
- Get to sleep by 10.30pm. This maximizes the natural peak in your body’s recovery hormones.
- De-stress by using deep breathing. This will make your blood less acidic, which will not only lower your cortisol levels (your stress hormones) but also aid your whole digestive system enabling fat loss.
- Lie on your back with your knees bent (feet placed under your knees). Tighten your stomach muscles and your buttocks then lift your hips off the floor. Slowly raise one leg keeping your pelvis still. If your hips drop then hold the position with both feet remaining on the floor and concentrate on keep your stomach tight. Hold this position for 20 seconds keeping your pelvis in neutral.
- Lying on the floor with your lower back pressed into the ground, bring your knees into your chest and place your hands by your ears. Without pulling on your neck try to touch your right elbow on your left knee, then your left elbow on your right knee. Repeat 10 times.
Of course joining a class or exercising with friends will keep you much more motivated and on track for your goals.